Who we are
- Our objective is to provide performance to our clients through single stock idea generation. We generate alpha for our clients to help them differentiate their funds.
- Our independence positions us to participate in open and constructive dialogue with our clients without being beholden to the inherent conflicts of the rest of the sell-side. We present our fundamental, bottom-up research and conviction ideas to our clients in engaging formats.
- We have an established European institutional business with a strong track record, long-term clients, high levels of fund manager interaction, and a strong reputation for brave long ideas and high-impact short ideas.
- Our team is based in Clapham North, London. The partnership was founded in 2010 by ex-buyside analysts.
Video: The Analyst Careers: Mark
Our Track Record (2011 - Present)
How we pick stocks
- We look for longs that can at least double and shorts that can at least halve. We take a minimum two-year investment horizon on every idea.
- We only initiate on a new idea if we have a differentiated view and the idea is actionable for clients.
- We do the work others don't: looking into out-of-favour sectors, product testing, digging into subsidiary filings, working on controversial stocks, and taking a brave viewpoint.
- We meet companies, travel around the world, review annual reports, build models, and speak to companies, suppliers, and customers to deliver high-conviction ideas and thorough research to clients.
A misunderstood technology company and one of the most heavily shorted companies in the UK
A turnaround situation with a growing, and highly-profitable core
A complex reverse-merger of a South African retailer into a German listing with accounting red flags
- Let's Gowex
A Spanish WiFi and technology fraud
For full examples of our work, please visit our Sample Research page.
What do clients get?
- Exclusive access to a team of stock pickers whose jobs are to contribute performance to their funds
- Regular updates on our portfolio of 50 ideas (on average), all in European equities
- Engaging research via notes, models, visualisations, and videos
- Monthly best ideas calls, weekly video summaries, and bespoke products such as our short screen
- Differentiated service via tiered structure of fixed quarterly fees
Interested in becoming a client?
The Analyst & Sarcoma UK
The Analyst donates a percentage of its annual profits to Sarcoma UK.
This charity means a great deal to The Analyst, having helped our former colleague Jonathan during the final months of his life in 2011.
If you would like to learn more about sarcomas, and the excellent work done by Sarcoma UK, please visit their website.